Mark February 10th 2019 on your calendar as you are invited to The Intrepids – Women in Science & Technology! Designed to promote and support girls’ interest in science and technology, this event was also created to mark the United Nations’ International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
FREE Admission for Girls Under 17
Free admission to the event also includes free access to the Science Centre’s five exhibitions, including the feature exhibition Indigenous Ingenuity. Offer available at the Science Centre ticket counter on February 10. You may be asked for proof of age. Please note that anyone under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Helping Girls Pursue Careers in Science!
A variety of organizations, businesses and educational institutions involved in cutting-edge fields will be on site to showcase the many faces of science, from environmental sciences and engineering to video games and biopharmaceuticals and more! A wonderful opportunity to meet inspiring women and discover a wide range of fascinating careers in science and technology.
- Chair for Women in Science and Engineering
- Element AI
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Salon International de la Femme Noire - Audace au féminin
- Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer of the Université de Montréal
- Technovation Montreal and the Mouvement montréalais Les filles & le code
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Pharmabio Développement
- Polytechnique Montréal
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Shared Services Canada
- The Neuro – The Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital
- Ubisoft Montréal
Talk with savvy academic advisors at the UQAM kiosk to learn everything you need to know about programs best suited to careers in these fields.
Having Fun with Science
The Science Centre’s very own educators will be on site hosting activities with a scientific bent. Four other organizations will also be on hand to present interactive workshops designed to bring out the fun in science:
- Folie Technique – Robotics
- Visual Voice Gallery – Arts & Science
- Grandir sans Frontières and Canada Learning Code – Programming and video games
- UQAM – Biology
Follow our blog
Starting in mid-January, the Science Centre’s blog (available in French) will showcase profiles of inspiring women from yesterday to today. Share and explore these with the young girls you know!
It all happens at the Science Centre on February 10 starting at 10 a.m.! See you there!